Thursday, December 1, 2011

Roast Beef with Mushroom & Coke Gravy

I've posted this recipe before, but it's too good not to share again!
ROAST BEEF WITH MUSHROOM & COKE GRAVY
1 beef roast (any cut)
Beef & Steak seasoning (or just salt & pepper)
1 can mushroom soup
1 c. Coke (not a whole can, just a cup)
2-3 tbsp. onion seasoning (you can use a French Onion soup mix package, but I use 3 Onion or French Onion dip mix from Epicure)

Generously sprinkle seasonings on the roast and set it in the crockpot.  Mix together soup, Coke, and onion seasoning.  Pour over roast and cook on low for 6 hours.  (This cooked it to medium, so there was just a slight pink shade when I cut into it.)  If you like, you can pour the gravy into a saucepan and boil for 10-15 minutes to thicken it up a bit, or you can just serve it straight from the crockpot.

This is the only way I know how to cook a roast, and I have no urge to learn another way because this way is perfect!  The meat is so tender, the gravy is delicious, and the whole recipe is ridiculously simple.  I can't wait for hot roast beef sandwiches at lunch tomorrow!
Pin It!

No comments: