Friday, February 20, 2009

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon."

Welcome to my blog! I have no idea what a blog is, so please bare with me as I learn. I'm hoping this will be a place where I can post about my passions: cooking, motherhood, reading, and Ricky Martin (in no particular order.)

The title of this post is a quote that I recently put up in my kitchen. I heard it was from the Dalai Lama, but turns out that's a hoax. Doesn't matter though... I think it's a great quote, and it inspires me to try pretty much anything when it comes to cooking. (Except frog legs and escargot... I don't care how French my husband is, or how often he asks, I'm NOT eating that stuff!)

So I hope this blog will inspire you to "approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." (Well, at least the cooking part... don't do anything too reckless in the love department!)

Please use the comment section of this post as a guestbook and let me know what you think of the site!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you are an inspiration. How you do it all amazes me!
I will enjoy reading your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Good writing Kathy!
And fyi, escargots are very tasty (and simple), I bet you would like them) I thought you were adventurous with food? :)
Who do you like to watch on the Food Channel?

Kathy Blais said...

I love Iron Chef America. That's really the only show I watch on the Food Network, and sometimes Rachel Ray if I can catch it. But I love searching the website for new recipes.

And I don't care what anyone says, I'm not eating escargots. Or oysters. But pretty much any other seafood is a-okay.