Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grape Jelly Meatballs

We have no food in the house. I really need to get groceries. Here's a simple recipe that sounds disgusting but really isn't, and with the exception of the chili sauce (which my husband will pick up on the way home from work), the rest of the ingredients are usually readily available at our house. You can find this recipe online in a million different places, but here's my version:

GRAPE JELLY MEATBALLS
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 egg
whatever spices you like (salt, pepper, steak spice, etc.)
Worcestershire sauce (optional)
1/2 c. grape jelly
1/2 c. chili sauce

Combine first 5 ingredients and form into balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Combine jelly and chili sauce in saucepan and let it simmer while meatballs are cooking. If you have time, put the cooked meatballs and sauce into a baking dish and let them heat through for 15-30 minutes. Serve over rice.
The kids loved this meal. My daughter said it was "lovely", and my son ate without any complaints (which is pretty amazing.) Let's see if I can impress them tomorrow night when I make Eggplant Gnocchi from my Canadian Living magazine.... will I be able to fool them into eating pasta made with a weird vegetable??? I'll keep you posted!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Michal Jerry said...

Thanks for sharing Great Tips With us