Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Spicy" Chicken and Mango Stir-fry?

Tonight I needed something really quick and easy for supper, so I thought Cat Cora's Spicy Chicken and Mango Stir-fry would be perfect. The kids like mango, broccoli, chicken, and most of all, soy sauce! So I whipped it together, and they loved it. I have two questions for Chef Cat though:

1. What's so spicy about this stir-fry? There's garlic, soy sauce, and cilantro. That's not spicy by my standards. I think this recipe has been sadly misnamed.

2. Why did I buy mushrooms? On the grocery list she included with this 7-day meal plan, it says to buy button mushrooms. But for the life of me, I can't find a recipe on her meal plan that uses them. I could have put them in the stir-fry, but then my son would have complained, and well, that's no fun.

Luckily the other chef on Oprah last week had a recipe for Prosciutto and Portobello Mushroom Pizza with Pesto. I think this sounds heavenly, so I will be attempting it this weekend (with the poor button mushrooms that have been sitting on my counter, waiting to be used!)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice! I was going to make a mango chicken dish this week but I ended up using my mango in a salad instead. I think I'll try this next week.