Thursday, May 21, 2009

Butter Chicken - Crockpot version

I'm having trouble with my blog, so we'll see if this is gonna work...

I'm making Butter Chicken today, but I thought I'd try it in the crockpot. I also tossed in some frozen cauliflower purée (I hate that vegetable, so we'll see if I can fool myself!) Here's what I did:

CROCKPOT BUTTER CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts (I think you could use less, but my kids love this so much, so I made a big batch)
4 tbsp. milk + 1 tbsp. lemon juice (let it thicken slightly)
1 can tomato paste
2 tbsp. Curry Dip Mix
2 tsp. ginger
salt
1/4 c. puréed cauliflower
1 onion
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. cream

Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Combine milk and lemon juice mixture with tomato paste and spices. Toss chicken with sauce in the crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours. (Or cook it all day on low.) In a frying pan, melt butter and sauté onion. Add it to the crockpot with the cauliflower, and turn to low heat for another 2 hours. Stir in cream at the end, and serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.