Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is today done yet?

I'm not exactly sure why, but today kinda sucked. My kids were annoying, I was probably annoying, and my husband still isn't home from work yet. But I do have two new recipes for you, both of which were pretty good.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, cuz I'll likely need to go yell at my kids in about 3 minutes.

Yesterday's meal:

TANDOORI CHICKEN
chicken breasts
plain yogurt
grated ginger & garlic (optional)
Tandoori Seasoning

Mix everything together in a ziploc bag and marinade overnight in the fridge. Barbeque over medium heat and serve with rice. (I served it with naan made on the bbq, but it was a little too thin and therefore a little too dry. I think I'm going back to store-bought naan.)

Today's meal (recipe courtesy of my friend Deanne):

SAUSAGE & COUSCOUS
1 lb. ground sausage
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. bell pepper slices
1 c. couscous
1 1/4 c. water
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. Vegetable Bouillon Base

Form meat into small meatballs and cook in a large skillet with olive oil and garlic. Add bell peppers and cover until cooked (draining as necessary). In a small pot, bring water, butter, and bouillon base to a boil. Pour in couscous, remove from heat, and cover for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve with meatball mixture.

The kids ate hot dogs on a piece of bread with some corn. And that's the kinda day it's been. I'm going to soak in a hot tub for the next 3 hours. See you tomorrow!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sook said...

Oh Kathy-
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day! I totally understand how that feels! Kids can be annoying. But what can we do? We just keep loving them and hope they will be less annoying the next day... hmm, wishful thinking... :-) But your recipes look great! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Blais said...

Thanks Sook! Today is much better... I'm not sure what the deal was yesterday!!