Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Turkey Soup & Homeade Buns

I saw a recipe for Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls on My Fabulous Recipes and decided to try them out today. I could have just eaten the dough without baking them (mmmm, dough!) but I did bake most of them and they turned out pretty good. (No fault to Sook's recipe, I'm just not great at any type of baking, so all my attempts generally fail.) They are nice and sweet (which is why the dough was so good!), but mine didn't rise very much (me and yeast don't get along very well.)

Anyway, I made some turkey soup to go with it. I just sort of tossed in things from the pantry and the fridge that seemed to be appropriate. It turned out better than I expected.

TURKEY SOUP
5-6 slices of bacon, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 onion, diced
2 carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, diced
1/4 c. lentils
1/4 c. brown rice
8 c. turkey broth
1 c. leftover turkey, diced

Cook bacon in the bottom of a soup pot. Drain most of the fat, then add onion and cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients (except turkey) and bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for about an hour. (Maybe less, I wasn't really paying attention to the clock.) Add turkey near the end, just to reheat it.
Perfect meal for a cold, blustery day!
Pin It!

No comments: