Thursday, February 18, 2010

Contest Entry #3

Today's recipe comes from my friend Denise. She and I met online through Babycenter about 7 years ago, and she has become one of my dear "Hot Saskie Mama" friends. Whether it's at a yearly get-together at someone's house, a crazy weekend in Saskatoon, or just daily chit-chat on the internet, we are always there to help eachother get through another day of parenthood! Denise has a great new blog about the trials and tribulations of being a working mother, and the recipe she sent me is one that her family loves. My family loved it too, and it made my house smell so wonderful while it was cooking.
CHICKEN CRUNCH
2/3 c. fine dry bread crumbs (I used some multi-grain soda crackers instead cuz we were low on bread)
1/4 tsp. Poultry seasoning (I used about 1 tsp. Turkey Rub from Epicure, since that was the closest thing I had to Poultry seasoning and Parsley flakes)
1/4 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1 c. plain yogurt
2 lbs. chicken parts, skin removed (I used 3 large chicken breasts)
2 tbsp. butter or hard margarine, melted (I forgot this part)

Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Put yogurt into a separate bowl. Dip chicken in yogurt to coat. Then dip chicken into the crumb mixture. Arrange on a greased foil-lined baking pan. Drizzle chicken with melted butter. Bake at 400F for 1 - 1 ¼ hours until tender. (It may be a bit less for the chicken breasts 45 min. - 1 hour.)

These were nice and tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside. The kids both ate their suppers without any fuss. (Well, my son fussed a little, but only because I gave him peas instead of mixed veggies, and he LOVES peas, so he ate all those and then didn't want his chicken. But he ate it later on in the evening.) This was a delicious alternative to fried chicken, and it's super easy to make.

Thanks Denise!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Glad you (and the kids)liked the recipe Kathy. Thanks for linking to my little blog!
(((HUGS)))
Denise :)