Monday, February 1, 2010

Rhubarb Saskatoon Crisp

When my sister decided to close her delicious cake business last year, she gave me a lot of her kitchen gear. A Kitchen Aid mixer (yay!), probably a bunch of other stuff I can't recall at the moment, and some cute little heart-shaped ramekins. I don't make a lot of desserts, but I knew these would come in handy at some point. And yesterday was the day!

I found a recipe for Rhubarb Crisp in an old cookbook I took from my mom's house when I moved out. It's nothing fancy, but I added some saskatoon berries and baked it in the ramekins, and it was delicious (and pretty!)

RHUBARB SASKATOON CRISP
1 egg, beaten
2/3 c. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
3 c. rhubarb
1 c. saskatoons

2/3 c. flour
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. Fruit Crumble Spices
1/4 c. butter

Beat the egg, and stir in sugar and flour. Add rhubarb and saskatoons, and scoop mixture into a baking dish (or ramekins). Using a pastry cutter, combine the remaining ingredients into a crumble and spoon over the rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes.

I served this with some vanilla icecream that had flakes of white chocolate in it. It was amazing!
Pin It!

No comments: