Friday, April 23, 2010

Honey Baked Chicken

My Grandma came over today and gave me my birthday present a month early (not exactly sure why, since she's going to be here for the next 3 weeks, but whatever, who am I to turn down an early birthday gift??) It was a cookbook from her trailer park in Texas where they spend the winters. I was pretty excited, cuz those little old ladies know how to cook! (If anyone needs a jellied salad recipe, let me know and I can totally hook you up.)


I had some chicken thawed out in the fridge, so I flipped through the chicken recipes (most of which required a can of some sort of cream soup - gotta love those little old ladies!) and found one that looked super easy and quite possibly delicious.


HONEY BAKED CHICKEN
5 chicken breasts (the recipe called for a roasting chicken cut into pieces)
1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. honey (I used creamed honey)
2 tbsp. mustard (I used Epicure's Sweet & Spicy Mustard, which is sooooo good!)
1 tsp. Curry Dip Mix
sea salt, to taste


Lay chicken in a baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Serve over a bed of salad dressed with Creamy Italian Dressing (2 parts oil, 1 part vinegar, and a little mayo whisked together with some of the new Italian Dressing mix from Epicure. I used White Balsamic vinegar.)
(If you're in Canada, all these new Epicure products will be available May 1. I can give you more information if you're interested in ordering or anything like that.)


I sliced up my chicken and ate it in the salad, and it was AWESOME! The whole family (even William) ate the chicken. Can't wait to dice up the leftovers tomorrow and make some chicken salad wraps or something like that.
Pin It!

No comments: