I had high hopes for my very first garden this year. I'm not sure if it was the strange Saskatchewan weather we had, or if I just really suck at gardening, but my little plot of land didn't yield much produce.
- Spinach - never grew
- Watermelon - nada
- Cucumbers - I think there's one tiny one growing, but that's about it
- Peas - the birds ate the whole damn row, and I got nothing!
- Tomatoes - both plants look dead, although one seems to keep producing a few little tomatoes.
- Lettuce - actually did alright
- Carrots - we've got tons of them, and luckily the kids love them
- Corn - we got about 6 cobs
Next year I hope I can try a little harder and maybe have a better crop. But tonight, we enjoyed the lettuce, carrots, and corn on the cob along with some perfectly grilled hamburgers.
To make the burgers, I used 1 lb. lean ground beef, some cooked bacon, a little bit of diced onion, crushed up crackers, an egg, some grated cheese, and lots of Montreal Chicken Rub. I got 7 burgers out of it, and they were delicious! I was so happy with the corn - I thought for sure it would be tasteless or chewy, but it was perfect. Too bad there's only 3 cobs left out in the garden.