Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Comfort Food

Winter has arrived on the prairies (with a vengeance!) and I have some great comfort food recipes to share with you.

CHICKEN STEW WITH DUMPLINGS (from Canadian Living)
I followed the recipe almost exactly - I just added a little extra cream (because cream is good) and I needed to make some more roux (melt butter and flour, cook for a minute and then whisk in some broth) to thicken it up a little more. I didn't have any thyme or frozen peas, so I just left those out, and I used 4 chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs. It made a huge pot of stew, and it was heavenly.

MOCHA PUDDING CAKE (from Epicure Selections)
I followed this recipe exactly, and baked it in my Epicure dip baker. I think I overbaked it slightly, but it was still delicious, and I ate 3 pieces of it the next day. I think it's safe to say that next time I would use Kahlua instead of coffee, because that would just be awesome.
Pin It!

No comments: