Saturday, November 20, 2010

Date Night!

If we can ever get the kids to bed, we're gonna have a date night! This is one of those rare occasions where husbands and wives forget they are parents and spend some quality time together. A decade ago, I would prepare for a date night by styling my hair, doing my makeup, and putting something pretty on. Now, I prepare for date night by making sure I have clean sweat pants on, freshening up my ponytail, and putting all my love and attention into a beautiful plate of food for me and my honey!

  • 2 glasses of Muscat (award-winning fortified white wine from my husband's home town in Quebec)
  • Smoked Salmon Verrines (diced cucumber, cream cheese with Lemon Dilly dip mix, and smoked salmon)
  • Cranberry & Pepper Boursin cheese with french bread
  • Gruyère cheese
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Cucumber slices with Smoked Salmon

Now we just need to give the kids a little Nyquil, and we're good to go! Ahh, romance in your thirties is so different from romance in your twenties.... but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Pin It!

No comments: