Saturday, January 1, 2011

Epicure's Pulled Pork

I tried out another one of the What's For Dinner? products from Epicure Selections, and just like the Tortilla Soup, this one was a huge hit! The Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix is a fool-proof way to make delicious shredded pork - simply mix with ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and a little water in the crockpot, and add a pork roast (the recipe suggests a 2.5kg. roast, but mine was only 1.5kg.) Coat the roast with the sauce, and then cook on high for 5 hours. Then remove the roast, cut the strings, and use two forks to tear apart the meat. Put all the meat back into the crockpot and let it soak up all that amazing sauce before you serve it up on a crusty bun, piled up nice and high and topped with the most delicious coleslaw!

COLESLAW DRESSING
store-bought coleslaw mix
mayonnaise
sugar
Italian Dressing Mix (the link on the Epicure website isn't working right now, sorry!)
fresh lemon juice

Sorry, I don't have measurements, but I'm going to guess that I used about 2 c. coleslaw mix, 1/2 c. mayo, 1-2 tsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. Italian Dressing Mix, and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. It was the best coleslaw I've ever tasted!!

There was tons of pulled pork leftover, so I put it in the freezer to save for another day. The package says that it makes 20 servings (if you use a 2.5kg roast). I forgot to read the list of ingredients on the back before I put the empty package in the garbage, but I trust that it's filled with wholesome ingredients, just like all the other Epicure products. Low-sodium, no fillers or preseratives, and lots of flavour!

If you live in Canada and would like to order any Epicure products, please let me know and I'd be happy to help you out!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Stéphanie said...

hey Kathy! I'm making this for supper tonight! It smells good in the house right now! I can't wait to try it. We'll have it with broccoli slaw...

Kathy Blais said...

Hope you like it!