Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cream Cheese Appetizers

This week I entered three recipes in the "Real Women of Philadelphia" cream cheese recipe contest.  The theme for this week was Appetizers, and I tried to create recipes that would be unique and inspiring.  I think I came up with three completely different recipes, and they were all spectacular!  (Yes, I'm bragging.  They were really good and there's no point denying it!)

The first one was Sweet & Spicy Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms.  (These took a couple tries to get "just right", but they were really good.)
Then I made Caprece Salad Bites. (These were so good I ate almost all of them last night.  Mmmm, basil!)
And tonight I made Beer Battered Mini Cheese Balls.  (These were TO DIE FOR!  Literally and figuratively, because these are not what you'd call a healthy recipe.  But boy oh boy, you could die happy after eating these!)
I'm pretty proud of all three of these recipes, although if I had to pick a favourite, it would definitely be the fried cheese balls.  Damn those were good!  I hope that if I do make it to the finals, that will be the recipe they choose for me.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of recipes the judges are looking for, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that something in my recipes/videos catches their eyes!  I will definitely keep you posted.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your videos are awesome and the recipes sound great. The last one looks unreal!!!! Good luck.
Kimber

Anonymous said...

Your videos are awesome and the recipes sound great. The last one looks unreal!!!! Good luck.
Kimber