Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Boozey Sticky Toffee Pudding (in minutes!)

Saw this on Pinterest and I had 5 minutes to kill, so I thought I'd give it a try... with a "Kathy's Kitchen" twist (aka - I added booze to it.)
BOOZEY STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING (adapted from this recipe)
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. liqueur (I used Baileys, but Kahlua would be awesome too!)
chocolate (optional)

In a rammekin, melt butter in the microwave.  Stir in sugar, flour, salt, milk, and liqueur.  Pop in the microwave for 1 minute.  Put some chopped chocolate on top (I just shoved a Baileys-filled chocolate in the middle) and let it sit for a minute so the chocolate starts to melt.  Serve on its own or with a scoop of ice cream.  (The original recipe suggests caramel sauce, which would be delicious, but this cake is pretty darn sweet so I think something creamy would be a better topping.)
As soon as I cracked open the chocolate, this pudding turned into a delicious mess of Baileys, chocolate, and ooey-gooey warm sponge cake.
Pin It!

No comments: