Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lemon Chiffon Tarts

Well fudge, I made some fabulous lemon tarts yesterday, and the recipe was on the bag of Meyer lemons.  I set the empty bag beside the computer so I could copy it out for you, but I think my husband must have thrown it out.  Let's see if I can remember it off by heart...
LEMON CHIFFON TARTS (or pie)
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. lemon rind
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
4 eggs
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 pie shell or 48 mini tart shells (I made my own pastry using a half-batch of the recipe on the back of the Tenderflake shortening box).

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine first four ingredients.  Stir constantly for 4-5 minutes, until mixture begins to bubble and thicken.  Remove from heat and stir in butter one tablespoon at a time.  Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.  (Place the plastic wrap right on top of the lemon mixture so it doesn't form a skin on top while it cools.)  Meanwhile, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.  Once lemon mixture is cool, fold in the whipped cream and then pour the mixture into a baked pie shell or baked tart shells.  Allow them to set for a couple hours before serving.
These were very tasty!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mmm, those look like little bites of deliciousness to me. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I’d love it if you’d come by and link your tarts up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html