Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Super Simple Supper

This one's for you, Denise!

HAMBURGER LOAF (adapted from Kraft's Mini Meatloaves)
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing
1/2 c. hot water
1/2 tsp. Beef & Steak seasoning
ketchup or barbeque sauce
grated cheddar cheese
lettuce, tomatoes, pickles... whatever you like on your burgers

Combine the first 4 ingredients and press into a loaf pan. (I lined mine with parchment paper because I hate cleaning it out afterwards.) Poke holes in the loaf and fill them with ketchup or barbeque sauce. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese. Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings.
I only made a half-sized portion because:
a) I used the other half-pound of beef yesterday in my Thai salad.
b) I'd like a little bit of stuffing for tomorrow night because I bought a couple fryer chickens.
c) Although I love the mini-meatloaves, my kids don't, so there was no sense in making a 1 lb. batch if I'm the only one who's going to eat it.

It won't make a huge meatloaf, but I'm thinking the buns and toppings will help fill us up.

(Edited to add: The kids both loved this. They ate it as regular meatloaf with some corn on the side, and I ate it on a bun with lettuce and tomato. It was awesome!)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence Kathy... I made Meatloaf on the same day as you and I used almost the same recipe (altered the Kraft Recipe into a big meatloaf) This is my husband's favorite meal. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas... yep and meat and potatoe guy!

And the Sticky chicken recipe sounds wonderful. I love to buy chicken then marinate it and put it in the freezer so it thaws in the marinate!!!

BTW I love reading your blog!!! Yep.. I am a stalker!