Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fabulous!

I stumbled upon this blog last week and decided to try out the recipe for Fabulous Sweet Coconut Chicken. I added a few veggies to it, to make up for the fact I was slathering my meal in condensed milk, so here's my version:

FABULOUS SWEET COCONUT CHICKEN
3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 c. bell peppers, sliced
1/4 c. oil
1/3 c. coconut milk
1/3 c. condensed milk
1 tbsp. cornstarch + 1 tbsp. water
1 tsp. crushed red chili flakes

Pour the egg over the chicken pieces and coat with cornstarch. Stir in veggies. Heat oil in a skillet and cook the chicken and veggies until done. Meanwhile, bring coconut milk and condensed milk to a gentle boil (don't let it almost blow up in your face like I did!) Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, and stir into milk mixture. Simmer until thickened, then pour over the chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with red chili flakes and serve with rice or vermicelli noodles.
This was very easy to make, and very tasty! I set some aside for the kids before I added the chili flakes, and if I had any Nonya Seasoning I would have used that instead of the chili flakes.

Now I need to find something to make with the leftover condensed milk, otherwise I might just eat it with a spoon. I forgot how much I love condensed milk!

(PS: I know I posted earlier today saying that we were having leftover ham. I changed my mind. Leftover ham tomorrow night!)

Pin It!

No comments: