Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Never fail chicken recipe!

If you haven't tried Sticky Chicken yet, you are not a good parent. Your children will love you forever if you make this. It's simple, and crazy good. I put one in a freezer bag awhile ago, thawed it out today and baked it for about an hour at 400 F. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their side dishes of frozen corn (a parent's lifesaver) and Stove Top Stuffing (that stuff is so darn good!)

As much as I do love a good helping of frozen corn, I decided to make something else for the grown-ups' side dish. I had some avocados, and tried to think of what would go well with the sweet, sticky chicken. Here's what I came up with:

SMOKEY DOUBLE-A SALSA
1 avocado, diced
1 apple, diced
1-2 tsp. lime juice
pinch of Chipotle Chili Powder (use more if you like it spicy)

The kids would beg to disagree, but I'd venture to say this was way better than frozen corn. Like, a million-katrillion times better. And there's not even any bacon or booze in it... go figure!
Pin It!

No comments: