Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fusion Wraps

First I must tell you my exciting news. I went to the greenhouse today and bought some herbs. (Yes, I really am that big of a dork.) I bought greek oregano, peppermint, rosemary, and chocolate mint! I can't wait to make some mojitos this summer, and maybe some chocolate mint ice cream. Mmmm!

Anyway, here's what's for supper at our house tonight:

FUSION WRAPS (from The Meal Planner)
2 chicken breasts
peanut sauce (I used approximately equal parts of the following: Satay Seasoning, peanut butter, Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar. It was thicker than regular peanut sauce, but perfect for brushing onto the chicken.)
hummus (I followed the recipe on the jar of Hummus Dip Mix)
tortillas
cucumber, diced
tomato, diced

Brush the peanut sauce on the chicken. Grill chicken and then cut into strips. To assemble wraps, spread hummus on a tortilla, then lay pieces of chicken, cucumber, and tomato. Roll it up partially, tuck in the ends, and continue rolling.
I just snuck a bite of this because I was starving, and oh my goodness, it's fabulous! I can't wait for supper tonight!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Which greenhouse did you go to? I've never come across chocolate mind and would love to plant that too!

Kathy Blais said...

Dutch Growers. It was in with all the other herbs. They also have apple mint, and I think orange mint too.

The Meal Planner said...

I love that you made your own peanut sauce! Awesome idea.