Monday, May 4, 2009

I have a meal plan!

I'm terrible at meal planning, but I actually have one for this week. (It helps that I'm going to a Ladies' Night at church on Friday, so I only need 4 meals to get us through till the weekend, at which time we just live off of hotdogs and grilled cheese sandwiches.)

We're travelling the globe this week, so fasten your seatbelts!

Monday: Greek Meatballs with Balsamic Glaze and Lemon Spinach Rice
Tuesday: Fajita Chilaquiles Casserole
Wednesday: Fusion Chicken Wraps
Thursday: Tortilla-Crusted Snapper

(Apparently we're going to Mexico twice this week.)

Here's my plan for tonight's meal (which is totally made up from my head, so I have no idea if it will be any good. But the kids have to eat it no matter what.)

GREEK MEATBALLS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. baby spinach, chopped
1 tbsp. Greek Seasoning
1 egg

Form into 10-12 meatballs and cook in a frying pan. Set aside, and add 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar to the pan, stirring up the bottom of the pan. Add 1 tbsp. honey and let it simmer till it reduces slightly. Drizzle over meatballs and serve with rice.

LEMON SPINACH RICE
1 c. rice
2 c. water or broth
1/2 c. baby spinach, chopped
1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
1 tomato, diced
1/4 c. olives (optional... I don't like olives!)
juice of 1/2 a lemon

Cook rice according to directions, along with spinach. Once it's cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in remaining ingredients. (I scooped out some rice for the kids before I added the tomatoes and feta.)
This meal was delicious! I was so happy with the rice... it turned out great. The kids don't like the "green things" in their food, but you really can't taste the spinach, so it's not that hard to get them to eat it.
Pin It!

No comments: