Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thai-ish Stir-fry

I don't know what to call this recipe. My husband wanted me to make Lemongrass Scallops & Shrimp with Lemongrass & Coconut Milk, but I had no scallops or shrimp, and it turns out I also had no lemongrass (although I thought I did at the time.) So I thought I'd sort of mix together that recipe with this recipe for BBQ Lemongrass Pork, but use chicken instead (because I had no pork.) So basically I had chicken, but none of the other main ingredients for either recipe (turns out I was out of fish sauce too.) I did, however, have a box of Coconut Ginger Rice that was on sale at Safeway. Woo hoo! (Although it's not very complicated to make your own.)

Anyway, here's what I made. I think it still counts as Thai food, even if I was missing tons of ingredients. It tasted amazing, so I don't really care what you call it, as long as you try it out for yourself some night!

THAI STIR-FRY
1 tsp. Hoisin sauce
1 tsp. ginger (I used prepared ginger, or you could grate some fresh ginger)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 green onions, sliced
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 c. coconut milk
2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 c. bell peppers, sliced

Mix together the first 8 ingredients and pour over chicken. Heat a wok with a little bit of the coconut milk mixture, then add everything and cook chicken for 10-15 minutes. Stir in bell peppers near the end and let it simmer so the sauce reduces slightly. Serve over coconut ginger rice.
Pin It!

No comments: