Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All in a day's work

I finally finished painting our bedroom!! Here's what it looked like before:

(Yes, that's my Ricky Martin clock haning above the mantle. I'm not sure if he goes with the new decor though... I might hang my blue Mexican tile cross instead. I'll find a better place for Ricky.)

And here's what it looks like now:
(In case the picture doesn't show the colours very well, the walls are "Shadowbox" and "Canadian Sky", aka beige and blue.)
And here's the patio doors that go out to our little deck. I don't have a "before" picure, but the trim all around the doors was a hideous not-quite-beige-but-sorta-green colour (you can see it above the fireplace in the other picture), so it looks much cleaner and brighter now.
Anyway, I finished this painting job about half an hour before supper was supposed to be ready, so luckily I had thawed out some basa fish filets and some friends brought over some fresh mint this morning, so here's what I whipped up:

MINT, LAVENDER & LEMON FISH
white fish filets
olive oil
lemon juice
sprig of fresh mint
coarse sea salt (I used Lemon Lavender Sea Salt but you could use regular sea salt if you like)

I didn't include measurements because I didn't use any. Just toss it all in a Ziploc bag and let it sit for 20 minutes or so until you're ready to cook it. Lay it on a baking dish lined with tinfoil and pour some of the juice overtop. Bake at 425 F for about 20 minutes. Serve with rice. (I cooked my rice with a sprig of mint in it too.)
This was a quick and easy meal to make, and the whole family liked it. My bedroom is painted, the kids are fed.... my work is done!
Pin It!

No comments: