Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tourtière

I was digging through my deep freeze the other day and discovered a mystery bag.... thankfully I labelled it, because I never would have realized that was tourtière filling. I use this recipe from Epicure Selections, and it turns out amazing (dare I say, better than my mother-in-law's?)

My grandma was here on the weekend, and she gave me a bottle of cranberry ketchup (or "catsup" as she calls it!), which went really nicely with the tourtière. I love my grandma dearly, but sometimes she comes up with some interesting recipes (jellied salad with pineapples and cheddar cheese.... I'm not kidding), so I was a little suspicious of ketchup that wasn't made from tomatoes, but it was actually really good. I have no idea what recipe she used, but if you Google it, there are alot of that come up. Apparently it's not as uncommon as I thought!

So here's my hommage to my Quebecer in-laws, and my dear grandma:

(Please note, I think it's impossible to make meat pie look appetizing. But trust me, it's good.)
Pin It!

No comments: