Thursday, February 4, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Cake

This is absolutely disgusting. But I bet most of you will still go try it out as soon as you're done reading.

All my friends on Facebook have been talking about the "Chocolate Cake in a Mug" or "The World's Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake" (dangerous because it only takes 5 minutes to make), or the "Cup Cake". It's a chocolate cake that you bake in a mug in the microwave. I used the Epicure Brie Baker & More and it worked like a charm.

First, you mix together:
4 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
Then you mix together:
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Pour it over the dry mixture, and mix everything together. I sprinkled on some chocolate chips, just incase the cake wasn't fattening/sweet enough.
Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes, then use a knife to cut around the edge of the dish and pop it out onto a plate.
If you want to get fancy, you could put a blob of peanut butter, or raspberry jam, or cream cheese in the centre.
It took me longer to write this blog entry than it did to make the cake and clean up afterwards. And yes, it's absolutely delicious. This really is the most dangerous cake in the world. I never should have opened up Pandora's Box of chocolatey, 5-minute goodness!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Sook said...

Oh wow! My excuse of not making chocolate cake is that it takes too long to make it. Now I don't have any excuses... ha ha I'm going to have to try this soon!

Lesa said...

This reminds me of a recipe my friend, a Pampered Chef consultant, taught me. It's from Pampered Chef.

Individual Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

Dry mix:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 4.4oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
Wet mix:
1 egg
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon water (or strong coffee for a "mocha")
Topping:
chocolate ready made frosting (in a can)

1. Combine "dry" mix and keep in resealable bag or container.
2. Combine "wet mix" in large cup (like our Coffee and More cups).
3. Add 3/4 cup "dry mix" and stir until combined.
4. Top with 1 heaping spoonful of frosting (do not stir!)
5. Microwave 70 seconds. Frosting will sink to the bottom for a warm molten center.
6. Enjoy!

Even more dangerous because using a box mix makes it even easier!