Friday, February 26, 2010

Contest Entry #7

Last night I made the final entry in my recipe contest. It came from Lesa, who has her own food blog called Edesia's Notebook. Her recipe called for leftover turkey, so I went ahead and cooked a turkey just for this recipe! (Okay, not really, I cooked a turkey because they were on sale and it was a good excuse to have family over for supper, and then I made this recipe!)

CREAMY TURKEY CURRY WITH SUMMER VEGETABLES
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 c. chicken broth
1/4 cup milk (I used homemade turkey broth)
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/2 small onion, diced
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 c. turkey breast, cooked and cubed
4 servings rice, cooked

In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and curry until smooth. Gradually add broth and milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook for a couple minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, sauté the veggies. Add turkey and reserved sauce. Heat through and serve over rice. The only changes I made were: I didn't bother with the rice (I was too lazy.) I also used a bag of frozen veggies that had squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and probably some other stuff in there too (again, because I was too lazy.) But I did add a clove of garlic to the skillet, just to make up for my laziness.

This was ridiculously easy to prepare. I made it ahead of time and then popped it in the fridge for my husband to reheat for supper (I had an Epicure party last night.) I didn't actually eat it as a meal, and my husband didn't leave any leftovers, so that means it must have gone over well. (Except for my son, of course - I found his bowl still at the table long after he had gone to bed, apparently on an empty stomach.) I did have a little taste test before I left, and it was awfully tasty!

It's always good to have new ideas for turkey leftovers, and I will definitely make this one again. So simple, so quick, and so good!!

Thanks Lesa!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

So glad you and your family liked it! :)