Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Fruits

After I botched the salad on Monday night, I figured Tuesday night's supper would be a piece of cake. But no, I screwed that up too. Apparently cooking pork tenderloin at 400 F for 30 minutes is too much, which is too bad considering the recipe had great potential.

PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GRILLED FRUITS
2 pork tenderloins
olive oil
lime juice
2-3 tbsp. brown sugar
2-3 tbsp. Cuban Seasoning (I used Tex-Mex Rub instead)
1 onion, sliced
6 pineapple slices
1 can of peaches & mandarins (I only used about 1/2 the can)

Drizzle tenderloins with olive oil and lime juice. Mix together brown sugar and Cuban seasoning, and rub into the meat. Lay onion slices on a non-stick grill pan and place tenderloins on top. Top with fruit and bake in the oven (NOT at 400 F for 30 minutes.)
With the exception of being very dry, this was pretty tasty. It would be great with some red bell peppers and mushrooms too. Next time I'll be a little more careful with the oven temperature so it's not rock hard. Sorry Isabelle!
Pin It!

No comments: