Friday, March 26, 2010

Salmon & Rice

There are a kajillion ways to jazz up salmon and rice. I honestly have a hard time deciding what to put on salmon most of the time, because the possibilities are so endless. I think I came up with a good one tonight, though.

1-2-3-4 GRILLED SALMON
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
4 pinches (1/4 tsp. each) of ginger, garlic, chili flakes, and dry mustard (I used paste for the ginger and garlic, but you could use fresh)

Combine the ingredients and pour over a salmon fillet. (I used a skinless one.) Let it sit for 30 minutes, then remove from marinade and place in a grill pan with a bit of oil over medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes.

RICE & LENTILS
3/4 c. rice (I use jasmine or basmati)
1/4 c. dry lentils
2 c. water
1/2 tsp. garlic paste
1 tomato, diced
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced

Put everything in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.

Everybody ate their supper. Everybody. Hallelujah.
Pin It!

No comments: