Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perfect Tacos

Everyone knows how to make tacos, and this recipe is nothing new. They just turned out really well, and I made the plate look pretty with some artisticly-placed blobs of condiments, so I thought I'd add it to the blog!

PERFECT TACOS
1 lb. ground beef
1 mushroom, diced (cuz that's all I had left!)
1/2 onion, diced
ground cumin

Brown beef, mushroom, and onion until cooked. Drain off any fat, and season with spices. Add about 1/3 c. water and let it simmer while you prepare the toppings. (I was going to add 1/2 can of black beans, but I didn't want the kids to get all crusty, so I decided not to.)

Toppings:
shredded lettuce
cheddar cheese
diced tomato
guacamole (mash together 1 avoacdo, 2 tsp. Guacamole Dip Mix, and 1 tsp. lime juice)
salsa
sour cream
What more can I say? Everyone loves a good taco!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Sook said...

Taco is such a simple way to fix a fulfiling and yet delicious dinner! :)

Anonymous said...

How funny -- I was planning on making tacos tonight. Too bad I don't have that fajita seasoning, but I was planning on throwing something together -- can't make it too spicy because of my son!

Nice blog!