Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blueberry Cheescake Brownies

Quite simply, these are delicious. Not much more you can say about chocolate, cream cheese, and blueberries poured into a dish and baked to perfection!

BLUEBERRY CHEESCAKE BROWNIES (based on this recipe)
1 1/4 c. milk
1 c. butter, cut into cubes
1 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until melted. Put cocoa in a large bowl and slowly whisk in the milk mixture. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs. Pour flour and salt on top and then stir to combine. Line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper and pour 2/3 of the brownie batter into the dish, saving the remaining batter for later.

1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1 c. frozen blueberries

Beat cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Beat in flour, then egg and milk. Beat in blueberries until mashed and blended. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter in the baking dish. Drop remaining chocolate batter in dollops on top and swirl batters slightly with the tip of a knife. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Let it cool in the baking dish before removing, using the excess parchment paper on the edges to help lift it out, and then cut into squares.
All I can say is, "YUM!"
Pin It!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I made these but used the original recipe with the cherries. SUPER YUM! Just needs more cherry flavour- I used pie filling because I couldn't find a jar of cherries. I'm thinking next time to use some thawed raspberries- they tend to be zingier than cherries. Made up another batch of the cherry ones and took them to a dance recital (I volunteered to make some desserts for it) and these were a hit. But alas, now I have another food item that I don't think I could live without! My hips don't like you too much Kathy!! :)