Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scallops, Sausage & Potato Tacos

I taped a cooking show last week called Mexico - One Plate at a Time. It's with Rick Bayless, and he was showing his friends how to make a few different dishes for an outdoor dinner party. One of the recipes looked intriguing, and since I had all the ingredients at hand, I figured I'd give it a shot.

4 potatoes, diced
1 c. scallops, seasoned with salt & pepper
1 lb. ground sausage (I had some in the freezer that was already cooked, so that's what I used)
4 green onions, sliced

Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes and drain. In a grill pan, heat some oil over high heat and sear scallops for about 2 minutes. Set aside. Add ground sausage to the grill pan and brown it, then add the cooked potatoes and green onions. (I added them all at the same time, since my sausage was already cooked.) Let it sit for a while before stirring, so the potatoes can get a little crunchy. After about 10-15 minutes, add the scallops and toss everything together. Serve in a soft tortilla.

These were quite good, but a little salty. And there's nothing Mexican about them, other than the tortilla. But it was something different, and didn't need a lot of ingredients, and everyone ate it without incident, so I guess it was a success!
Pin It!

No comments: