Sunday, April 18, 2010

Butter Chicken

I've posted this recipe before, but it's a family favourite so I'm posting it again. I made it with sour cream this time instead of buttermilk, and it was perfect. I swear, my kids would eat dirt if it meant they could have a piece of naan with it - that stuff is like a drug to them! (But just to be clear, my Butter Chicken does not taste like dirt!)
BUTTER CHICKEN
1/4 c. sour cream
1 can tomato paste
2 tbsp. Curry Powder
2 tsp. ginger
salt, to taste
3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 c. cream

Mix first 5 ingredients together and marinate chicken for about 30 minutes (or overnight.) Sauté onions in butter until soft, then add chicken and sauce mixture. Cook for 15 minutes, then add cream and heat for another 5 minutes. Serve over basmati rice or naan bread.
Pin It!

No comments: