Friday, May 21, 2010

Tuna Patties

The kids have 2 friends over today, so I told them to look through the kids' cookbook we have and pick something they would all like for lunch. Surprisingly, they picked "Croquettes de thon" - Tuna Nuggets. We made them a little bigger than nuggets, and I changed up the spices a little, so I renamed the recipe "Tuna Patties" and here's how we made them:


TUNA PATTIES
2 1/2 c. cornflakes, crushed
2 tsp. oil
2 cans (170g each) tuna
20 unsalted soda crackers, crushed
4 eggs (3 likely would have been enough)
6 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Lemon Dilly Dip Mix
1 tsp. Louisiana Hot & Spicy Dip Mix (I would have used 3 Onion, but I ran out so I thought I'd spice things up a bit)
1 tsp. Seafood & Fish Seasoning


Combine cornflakes and oil in a dish and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Form into patties and coat each side with cornflakes. Set on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
Now I know they don't look like much, but all four kids ate these without any complaints. They were tasty, they were healthy, and they were whine-free!
Pin It!

No comments: