Friday, July 16, 2010

Blueberry Mojitos

If you know me in real life, you've probably seen me drink a mojito or two. I heart mojitos. Tonight we're having friends over for a campfire, and I decided to try some blueberry mojitos. I took a whiff of my sisters Blueberry Mint tea the other day, and I was sold on the idea of blueberry and mint together. Add a little alcohol, and it's darn near perfection!



BLUEBERRY MOJITOS
5 mint leaves
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. lime juice
1 oz. blueberry vodka (mojitos are usually made with rum, but I figured this would be more appropriate)
fresh blueberries
club soda



Put mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in a glass. Muddle mint leaves with the back of a spoon to release the flavour. Add vodka and blueberries, and top it up with club soda.

Some of my other favourite mojito variations are:
  • using Summer Berry or Tropical Fruit Dip Mixes instead of sugar (fantastic!!!!)
  • using raspberry gingerale instead of club soda
  • rimming the glass with Mojito Rim Trimmer
  • adding fresh or frozen fruit (I've only tried raspberries and blueberries, but there are lots more I'd like to try: peaches, mangoes, blackberries, strawberries, and even cucumber!)
Hope you like my marvelous mojitos!
Pin It!

No comments: