Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Supper

Don't get all excited - there's nothing really Halloweeny about tonight's supper, but if you use your imagination, I think it's an appropriate meal for October 31.
MEXICAN SLOPPY JOES (SPOOKY JOES?)
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp. Tex-Mex seasoning (or any mixture of cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning, etc)
1 c. tomato sauce (I put 1 1/3 c. so feel free to add a little more if you like)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
Garnishes: grated cheese, diced avocado

Brown beef and onion in a pot. Drain and add remaining inredients. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, and serve on a bun or thick slice of bread, topped with grated cheese and diced avocado.
This is one of my favourite recipes, although I haven't made it in ages. It is so quick and easy, and it's super delicious. You could always add some beans or cilantro or corn and a little extra tomato sauce if you wanted to make a larger batch.

I halved this recipe and made an 8" round cake. As you can see, I don't make very pretty cakes.
I'm really no good at icing cakes. Luckily, when I make cakes they are usually devoured (often by myself) within a day or two, so no one has to look at this eye sore for very long. It tastes damn good though!

Happy Halloween!!
Pin It!

No comments: