Tuesday, December 7, 2010

East Indian Meal

This one came from the Best Recipes Ever episode for Best Slow Cooked Chicken Dinner. I made the Easy Chicken Curry in my dutch oven because my crockpot is tall & round, not oval and wide, and I didn't want the chicken thighs all piled on top of eachother in the slowcooker. So I cooked it at 350 F for 1 hour. I made my own curry paste because all I had was a Thai green curry paste and I didn't think that would taste good. So I mixed together roughly 1 tsp. each of Garam Masala, curry powder, paprika, cumin, and coriander, and enough olive oil to make a paste.

I also made the Indian Tomato Salad and the Mango Smoothie (with some juice instead of milk, and frozen mango instead of fresh mango & icecubes).
The whole meal was delicious!!
Pin It!

No comments: