Monday, December 20, 2010

Turkey Leftovers - and a prize!

Christmas dinner is always a special treat.... but it's not so special when you're still eating it days later!! We're not having turkey this year on Christmas Day, but my mom had us over for turkey dinner last night and she sent me home with the leftovers, so I thought this would be the perfect time to try out some new turkey leftover recipes.

I decided to try out one of the Kraft Sizzling Salads Entrée Kits that I received in the mail a while ago. I thought the Chicken Caesar kit would be perfect for my leftover turkey, so I made a quick and easy sandwich for lunch:
TURKEY (or Chicken) CAESAR SALAD SANDWICH
1 c. leftover turkey, diced
2 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper Sauce
1 c. lettuce, chopped
1 tbsp. Classic Caesar Dressing
2 buns, toasted

Mix together the first two ingredients. Mix together the next two ingredients. Scoop salad onto buns and top with turkey. (Some chopped bacon would be an excellent addition to the turkey mixture!)

This was delicious and so easy to make! It would be fun to try out some bigger salad meals - I think salmon caesar salad would be fantastic. Maybe I'll try that out next time.

I've got another Sizzling Salads Entrée Kit to give away to one of my readers. Since I already have the prize at my house, this contest will only be open to those who are willing to come and pick it up in Regina, SK. (My apologies to those of you not in Regina - I'll try to do another contest for everyone in the new year!)

I have a Southwest Chicken kit (which would also be a tasty way to use up those turkey leftovers!) for one lucky reader. Simply leave a comment on this blog post or my Facebook post, and I'll pick a random winner on Friday. (You can tell me your favourite salad, or tell me why my blog is awesome, or tell me what you're doing for Christmas - or just say hi, doesn't really matter!)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I've just rediscovered your cooking blog. And perfect timing too ... just in time to win the prize!