Monday, March 21, 2011

Cookies in Cookies

Today was a less-than-great day, so I needed something to make me happy.  Baking cookies with my daughter makes me extremely happy.  Baking cookies that have other cookies stuffed inside them just about blows my mind with happiness.

I saw someone make "Chocolate Choreos" (Oreo-stuffed cookies), but Oreos make my tummy angry so I made a mental note that I should try the same idea with those little Maple Leaf cookies.  You know, the ones shaped like maple leaves, with sugary sweet maple icing in the middle.  The most perfect cookie you can buy at the store.

So I whipped up a batch of my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, using 1 c. white chocolate chips instead of regular ones.  Then I smooshed a Maple Leaf cookie into a ball of dough, flattened it as much as I could so that it squished past the edges, and then molded it overtop to cover the entire cookie.  Bake it on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 F for 12 minutes, and you've got yourself a cookie in a cookie!
I love baking with my lovely daughter!

Maple Cookie inside a White Chocolate Chip Cookie = "BEST MOMMY EVER!"  (I'm not kidding, she said that twice tonight, once for bacon mashed potatoes, and once for these cookies.)
These cookies are ridiculously sweet, and you feel a little sinful when you bite into one.  But they were the perfect end to a day like today!
Pin It!

No comments: