Friday, April 15, 2011

Homemade Bagels with Cream Cheese

My friend Michelle sent me a recipe for bagels and she wanted me to try it out for her.  I am happy to report that it turned out really well!  I changed it just a teeny bit by using half whole wheat flour and half regular flour, and I also added 1 tsp. cinnamon to the dough.  I needed to add more water to the dough like they suggest.  When they came out of the boiling water, I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar and Maple Spice on top before baking them. (Oh, and don't lay them on paper towel to soak up the excess water, unless you want paper towel stuck to the bottom of your bagel!)
I mixed a little of the cinnamon sugar and Maple Spice into some plain cream cheese and spread that onto a warm bagel.  YUM!  I love that I can make these for my kids (who absolutely love cinnamon raisin bagels) and use whole wheat flour to make them a little healthier.  Hopefully they will give this recipe at thumbs-up when they get home from school!
Pin It!

No comments: