Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Children Pancake Tower

This morning I made pancakes with my lovely daughter, and I thought it would be fun to make a tower of big pancakes layered with all things good and wonderful: whipped cream, maple syrup, bananas, strawberries, and bacon!  The kids thought they had died and gone to Heaven!!!

The pancake recipe I used was from an old church cookbook I've had for years (I probably took it from my mom's house when I moved out.)  Church cookbooks are the best!

BANANA BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. buttermilk (I used whole milk with some lemon juice added to thicken it)
2 bananas, mashed
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 eggs

Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.  Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.  Cook in a hot frying pan.  (This recipe made 4 big pancakes, and after we layered them with all the stuff in middle, my family of four could only eat half of it, so next time I would half the recipe and make 4 smaller pancakes for the tower.)

On top of the first pancake, layer whipped cream, bananas, and maple syrup.
Then on top of the second pancake, layer whipped cream, strawberries, and maple syrup.
On top of the third pancake, top with bacon and maple syrup.
On top of the fourth pancake, layer with whipped cream, stawberries, bananas, bacon, and maple syrup.  Slice into the pancake tower like a big piece of cake and enjoy! 

Pin It!

No comments: