Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sausage, Tomato, and Spinach Pasta

This recipe came from two recipes in my "Everday Food" magazine that I mashed together.

SAUSAGE, TOMATO & SPINACH PASTA
1 lb. ground sausage
3 leeks, white part only, finely chopped
1/2 c. dry white wine
4 shallots, sliced
1 pint grape tomatoes
4-6 handfuls of baby spinach
salt & pepper
cooked pasta
grated Parmesan and Romano cheese

Brown sausage in a frying pan.  Add leeks and cook for a few minutes until softened.  Add white wine and simmer until almost evaoprated.  While leeks are cooking and wine is simmering, heat some olive oil in a separate frying pan.  Add shallots and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes start to blister.  Add spinach a few handfuls at a time until it wilts down.  Add this to the sausage mixture and season with salt & pepper.  Toss with cooked pasta and top with cheese before serving.

I likely could have mad this in just one frying pan, by taking out the sausage after it browned, and then doing all the veggies and adding the sausage back at the end.  The sausage/veggie mixture was so delicious, I could have just eaten that for supper.  I honestly hate pasta, so I picked out my noodles and gave them to the kids, who picked out their tomatoes and gave them to me.  We were all happy.
Pin It!

No comments: