Sunday, April 17, 2011

(Sigh) I'm in love!

We got our backsplash a couple weeks ago, but I didn't want to post any pictures until the cabinet/drawer fronts and hardware were all installed, so you could see the whole effect.  This weekend, it's finally complete (with just a couple odds & ends left) and I must say, I love it so much I could just weep with joy!  It's amazing how this place has transformed:
Wave hello to the lady in the window!  She has a pretty new kitchen!
We just need a couple doorknobs and the wine rack insert.  (And eventually a new stove would be nice!)
More cabinet space, more drawers, wider/longer countertops (and it's pretty too!)
This wall is my favourite.  We've got more storage than we know what to do with, and it looks fantastic.  (And no, my fridge was not sideways before, I was just trying to hide all the magnets on the side.  Obviously it didn't work.)
So that's it!  Eight weeks ago we tore out the eyesore that was "Kathy's Kitchen", and now I am in complete and total awe over how beautiful my new space is.

Oh, there's just one last thing....
Welcome home, Ricky.
Welcome home.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mushrooms Canada said...

WOW Kathy it really looks great! I love the dark cabinetry and the backsplash! Bet you can't wait to cook up a storm!
- Brittany

Kathy Blais said...

Thanks! I was worried that the dark cabinets would make it seem small and confined, but I really didn't want white cupboards. I think it helps to have a light countertop (and it's also wider than my old countertop), and the big sqaure pattern on the lino seems to open up the space a bit as well. I'm so happy with it all!!! Thanks for commenting.