Friday, June 3, 2011

Sucre à la Crème

This weekend I'm working at the Francophone pavillion for Mosaic (an annual multicultural event in our city), and as I served out portions of pea soup, poutine, and tarte au sucre (sugar pie), I was sad to see that there was no sucre à la crème.  Then, lo and behold, this morning on Facebook there was a recipe for sucre à la crème from Sylvie Rochette, the founder of Epicure Selections!  What good luck, I had all the ingredients to make this sinful dessert, and I was surprised at how easy it is to make.  You will thank me for sharing this recipe!!

SUCRE À LA CRÈME
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter

Stir first three ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave for 11 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.  Using an electic mixer, add vanilla and butter and beat for 2-4 minutes.  Pour into a greased 8" dish (I lined the bottom of mine with parchment paper instead) and refrigerate.  Chop into small pieces and serve.
These little squares of goodness melt in your mouth and make you want to cry - they are just that good!  Hope you enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: