Monday, September 26, 2011

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Tomato Soup Shots

I can't take credit for this idea - I saw it on a website somewhere (sorry, I don't remember where) and though it was so cute.  I thought my kids would jump for joy at this new presentation of a standard lunch at our house, but they were oblivious to the fact that Mom tried something new.  Maybe that's a good sign - they aren't creatures of habit anymore when it comes to food.  (Amen!)
I used the little appetizer plates and oval verrines from Epicure Selections (they also come in a tapered version) and just served up some cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich wedges.  (I put all four wedges on the plate for the kids' lunch, but I thought a single sandwich wedge would be more photogenic.)

This would be a fun appetizer for a party - you could make up some gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches (brie & pear, bacon & cheddar, etc) along with a homemade version of the soup just to class it up a little bit.  Or you could be as basic as I was today -- canned tomato soup and Kraft Singles cheese slices in the sandwich.  You really can't go wrong with tomato soup and grilled cheese, no matter how you serve it up!
Pin It!

No comments: