Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kathy's Meatloaf

I made this meatloaf from scratch a couple weeks ago and it was so good.  Unfortunately I didn't take exact measurements, but I tried to recreate it tonight.  Here is a rough idea of what I put in it:

KATHY'S MEATLOAF
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
2 eggs
1 onion, diced (I forgot this the second time, darn it!)
1/2 sleeve of soda crackers (or use about 1 c. oatmeal or bread crumbs)
salt & pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. BBQ seasoning
2 tbsp. Meatloaf seasoning or Italian seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder (optional)
1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
1/4 c. chili sauce (I had some homemade chili sauce that my friend Jackie gave me - yum!)
1/4 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
3-4 tbsp. brown sugar (maybe more... I used a couple handfuls)

Mix everything together and press into a greased loaf pan.  Poke holes throughout the loaf, and top with a mixture of ketchup and brown sugar (you can add some more BBQ seasoning if you like).   Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it.
Mmmm!  This meatloaf is awesome... I love the brown sugar & ketchup sauce on top.  We served it up with good old mashed potatoes and peas... the perfect comfort food!
Pin It!

No comments: