Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Easy Christmas Baking - Homemade Turtles & Candy Cane Pretzels

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "Christmas baking", because I barely used the oven, and I didn't dirty a single bowl or spoon. (I can't take credit for the recipes because they are probably all over the internet from numerous sources.)

Check out these ridiculously simple treats:

HOMEMADE TURTLES
pretzels
Rolos
pecan halves

CANDY CANE PRETZELS
pretzels
dark and white chocolate chips
crushed candy canes

Lay pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Put a Rolo or a few chocolate chips on top of each pretzel. Put in the oven at 350 F for 3-5 minutes, until chocolate has melted slightly (you don't want the Rolos to melt completely - I only baked the Rolo pretzels for 3 minutes, but the ones with chocolate chips took about 5 minutes. I did one tray of Rolo pretzels first, and then I did one tray of candy cane pretzels later.) Remove from the oven, and immediately squish a pecan half into each Rolo, and sprinkle some crushed candy cane over the chocolate chips. Allow them to cool, and then transfer the pan to the fridge to solidify the chocolates. Once they are hard, you can take them off the baking sheet and store in the fridge or freezer.
These are going in little baggies for teacher Christmas gifts!
I made 5 dozen Turtles and 5 dozen candy cane pretzels in less than half an hour.
Pin It!

No comments: