Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hummus Chicken.... I think

I have 3 chicken breasts thawing out, and no idea what I'm going to make tonight. I'm leaning towards Hummus Chicken (same idea as this porkchop recipe) although I also have the ingredients to make my version of Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken. If our house doesn't sell soon, I might need the tequila, so I think I'll go with the hummus recipe.

Usually when I make this chicken, I top it with diced tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. It's so good. However, my feta smelled funky the other day, so I threw it out and haven't bought any more. I'm going to try some goat cheese instead. I just bought it the other day, so it shouldn't smell funky. (I also discovered I don't have any tomatoes, so I'm tossing some Craisins on instead.)

This recipe is so simple:

HUMMUS-RUBBED CHICKEN
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. Hummus Dip Mix
chicken breasts
feta or goat cheese, crumbled
tomatoes, diced (or Craisins... honestly, it was good!)

Rehydrate the Hummus Dip Mix with olive oil and lemon juice to form a thick paste (double the amount if you need more paste). Spread over chicken and grill on barbeque. Serve with cheese and tomatoes on top.
I think I prefer feta and tomatoes, although goat cheese and Craisins were pretty darn good!
Pin It!

No comments: