Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm home!

Quebec was fun, but it's nice to be home. Well, um, except for the fact that our home is now a filthy mess after moving everything into a trailer over the last 36 hours. Moving is such a huge job... let's hope we don't have to do it again for a very long time!!!

We're going to be nomads for the next two weeks until we move into our new house. Our first temporary address will be Clear Lake, Manitoba. Haven't been back there in probably 15 years, so I'm looking forward to it!

We're camping with my sister and her family, and they are much better campers than we are! So we just follow their lead, bring our mini boxes of cereal (nothing says camping like a mini box of Fruit Loops!), and hope everything falls into place.

Last year my sister introduced us to a couple camping recipes that fit nicely with my blog. Collectively, they include three of my favourite ingredients: bacon, booze, and lime.

CAMPING POTATOES (aka - Heart Attack in a Pan)
In a tinfoil dish, lay slices of bacon, quartered baby potatoes, green onions, butter, and garlic (optional). Season with Cheese, Chives & Bacon Dip Mix, salt, and pepper. Top with grated cheddar cheese. Cover with tinfoil, and cook on bbq for 30-45 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
CAMP JUICE
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
1 can water
12 oz. tequila (fill up the empty limeade can)
1 bottle Corona

Pour everything into a pitcher with lots of ice. Don't make any other plans for the night, cuz you won't be going very far after you've had a couple of these! If I remember (and if I haven't had too many camp juices) I will take a picture and post it when we get back from camping. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Edited to add: My sister decided that the recipe I found online (as posted above) was for the wimpy campers. Water is apparently NOT a necessary ingredient in camp juice. As you can see from the recipe in the picture (which we took because we knew we'd be too inebriated to remember it later), all you need is 2 coronas, 1/2 can limeade, and 1 c. tequila. Serve over ice, drink it all up, then make another batch with the rest of the limeade.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Stitched by Stéphanie said...

I just wanna go camping to have some of these potatoes and that yummy camp juice!
oh yeah!