Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fried Yellow Tomatoes

I went to the grocery store to pick up a ton of food for my daughter's 7th birthday party tomorrow, and I picked up some yellow tomatoes to have for lunch today. It took a few minutes to get things set up for this recipe, but it's very tasty, and something different from your regular lunch menu.

FRIED YELLOW TOMATOES
2 yellow tomatoes, thickly sliced
flour
1 egg, beaten
2 pieces of bread (use a blender or food processor to turn it into crumbs)
1 tbsp. your favourite Epicure dip mix (I used Roasted Red Pepper)
salt and pepper
canola oil

Sprinkle the tomato slices with flour, then dip them into the egg, and then coat them in a mixture of bread crumbs and seasonings. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden. Serve with sour cream and green onions, or eat plain.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I L-O-V-E fried tomatoes, reminds me of summer